Hi! So I think it is very important to set goals for your life and have things that you are aiming for, even if they change over time. Here are some of my goals for my 20s when life on my own is really starting.
1) Go to college~ This is very important for me. I would like to become an elementary school teacher and college is a necessary step for this job.
2) Travel the world~ Even though I have already been to France and Italy and other places on cruises I really would like to travel honestly everywhere. Australia and Spain are on the top of my list right now, but I would also love to do a road trip across the USA. Traveling is very important to me because I believe it is important to experience and see different cultures and see the similarities.
3) Get married (and maybe have a kid)~ So even though I do not have control over when I meet the person I will get married to I would love to be married by the time I am 30 (and maybe have a kid). If I am not married by the time I am 30 I would at least like to be in a serious relationship with someone I love.
4) Get a real world job~ Sometime in my 20s I would love to get a “real” job and not be working at a restaurant or retail store on minimum wage. I would like to have a job that can support me.
5) Keep in touch with my close high school friends~ So I know that high school friends tend to drift apart after high school but it is important for me that I stay in touch with at least my closest friends from high school and talk with them frequently.
6) Move out of my mom’s house~ Even though I probably will move back home after college I would like to be living in my own house or apartment by the time I am in my mid-20s, even if I have roommates.
7) Move into one of my dream cities~ I would love to set roots down in a city that I love and a city that I choose. I am not quite sure what my dream city is but some on my list are San Francisco, New York, or Oregon.
8) Start seriously saving money~ I am currently beginning to save money, but I would like to have an account that I put a set amount of money into each month. This money could be used for emergency things or big purchases (buying a car, house…). Personal Capital a great tool for this because they make it easy to budget your money.
9) Be happy and emotionally stable~ I currently struggle with depression and anxiety and even though those things will not go away I would like to have them under control and be in control of my happiness. I would like to be living a life that I love and am proud of.